Monday, April 16, 2007

Bill Watterson's - The Authoritative Calvin and Hobbes



Genre : Humor
Rating : 5/5

Alltime a good pick if you need something to cheer you up. Bill Watterson seems to be observing this world too closely.. and My! What do I say about that darling Calvin? I had mentioned here how much I was obssessed with Calvin when I read this character for the first time. Since then I have read many and yet, everytime I open the next volume with the same excitement. Such is the charm of Calvin and Hobbes series!

This volume is not the best of all Calvin and Hobbes series.. but how does it matter, as long as you have witty Calvin and adorable Hobbes (Calvin's stuff tiger) at your disposal ! Few of the strips I liked in this volume were -

- Calvin's mom is working in the kitchen. Calvin drives on his bicycle and stops near the kitchen, screaming - Can I have 4 cookies for to-go?? :)

- Calvin and his parents (of course Hobbes is with them too) go to a zoo, which also happens to be first zoo-visit for Calvin. This poor little guy is so engrossed in watching the animals that he gets lost alone (Hobbes is not with him). Instead of asking real person for help, Calvin goes near tiger's pit and asks those ferocious tigers if they have seen Hobbes :)

- When Miss Wormwood (Calvin's teacher) asks him a question, the answer to which Calvin doesnt know. He simply replies - Hard to say Ma'am. I think my cerebellum just fused :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whoa !! u seemed to have read a whole load of books since i read the last review. good..keep it up !Megha

April 19, 2007  
Blogger Victim Of Desire said...

i love him too!! :)

April 19, 2007  
Blogger Mrinal said...

~Megha : C & H is short one .. 250 pages of 3-4 strip each page:) So cud finish it off quickly.

~Victim : He is so adorable! U just can't can't love him :)

April 20, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...ur still up with the pace..I have not read a non-technical book since ages..its getting frustrating!

April 23, 2007  
Blogger Mrinal said...

~Sachin : And I havn't read anything techie since long.. now thats frustrating too ;)

April 24, 2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

hehe..cool.

April 24, 2007  
Blogger Mrinal said...

~Mrinmayee : Funny na? ;)

April 25, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

November 10, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home